Join our Team!
We’re Hiring an Application Scientist.
Due to our continued expansion, we are seeking an Application Scientist to support the commercialisation of our Quantum platform in Europe. In this role, you will support customers, promote sales, and drive market development using your application expertise to perform field demonstrations, conduct seminars, and deliver conference presentations
You will serve as a technical expert in a collaborative effort with our sales team and channel partners, driving market development, and acting as the voice of the customer in feeding customer needs into our research and development programme. The position requires significant direct interaction with existing and potential customers, and carries an expectation of travel, predominantly within Europe.
You are passionate about science and helping scientists around the world accelerate the development of life-saving medicines. We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspired, skilled individual to join our multi-disciplinary team.
· Plan and perform product demonstrations, installations, training and presentations at end-user sites.
· Provide technical support for end users via remote or onsite troubleshooting.
· Support marketing and sales colleagues in identifying key customer segments and developing strategies to increase reach and revenue.
· Assist in generating marketing, scientific and product-relevant material for prospective and existing customers.
· Feedback information from demonstrations to Product Manager and R&D for further product improvements.
· Feedback to Product Manager on competitor activities.
· Travel to key customers and prospects to provide technical consultation, create new demand, assist with sales, increase customer utilization, expand customer networks, and increase awareness.
· Promote solutions through participation in technical conferences, trade shows, publications, seminars, and symposiums.
· Keep up to date with the scientific community and track major technical/application trends to support improvements in product positioning, selling strategies, and product/workflow development.
· Report field activities and trends back through written reports and regular meetings.
· Present at internal company meetings and to partners as required.
· Scientific background in biology , biotechnology or related discipline
· Preferred: MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science, Nanoparticle or other related fields. More than 2 years commercial experience in life science industry
· Required: BSc. [Biotechnology/Analytical instrumentation or related discipline] Commercial experience
· Organised, self-motivated, with keen attention to detail
· Good communicator with written and verbal communication skills.
· Engaging and comfortable interacting with customers and co-workers.
· Self-confident and able to remain calm under pressure.
· Team player able to work autonomously in the field.
· Flexible both in job role and problem solving.
· High level of intensity, tenacity, and results-driven self-motivation
· Ideally some experience demonstrating and supporting similar types of products.
· An understanding and experience of the sales process.
· Familiarity with basic lab techniques, instrumentation and computer operation.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience - please apply now by sending a detailed C.V. to email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!